It’s Alive!

Sometime in the wee hours of the morning I got the Palace plugin working! This plugin takes text spoken in Palace and calls an AppleScript located in the Palace directory. That script then calls a Cocoa app I wrote over the weekend to speak the text.

Now I can add features like queuing of speech, multiple voices, pitch rates, etc, etc. Was a great project for me personally. From brainstorm to working model was about 12 hours of coding. Most of that was because I didn’t understand Script Editor was caching data about my application, negating changes I was making.

I am really excited, even if this code is never used by anyone, I now have more Cocoa experience under my belt, more AppleScript experience and even some groddy PPC UPP experience (Since CW8 does not support 68K it seems)