I pulled the trigger and ordered a new MacBook Pro, vs a Mac Pro today. The differences will be:
- Slightly slower hard disk (5400rpm vs 7200rpm)
- Larger hard disk (160 over 100). I can now store my music and photos internally, and update to a larger/faster drive later.
- LCD backlit screen – uses less power, more uniform lighting
- Faster CPU – From 2.1ghz Core Duo to 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo
- Faster video – The nVidia chipset sounds nice
- Same RAM, 2gb, more potential. Apple is shippig with 667 RAM, vs the 800 the FSB can support, but crucial.com has the 800 ram for $539 for 2x2gb. Later I can double the RAM and get better performance to boot (and keep my old ram)
- FW 800 port added
Should be here within a week.
No Love 🙁 Is this a developers purchase?
Of course it is! Otherwise there would be plenty of love 🙂
Why not the 200gig drive, or even the 250? Or did you go 17″?
250 is 17″ only and is too slow anyway. 200gb is only 4200rpm, far too slow (5400 is slow enough) Will wait for a larger/fast drive.
New egg has the 7200 200gb hitachi for $219. Get one now!
Comments are closed.